Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful for all of God's blessings

This morning Leesa and I delivered Thanksgiving meals to those who are less fortunate – aging, sick, or low income folks. The meals are provided by Aegon and Gentle Dental and coordinated by Aging Services of Cedar Rapids. As we picked up our meals to deliver we saw several people from New Covenant. This isn’t surprising since our church family has a big servant heart.

Delivering these meals is always a blessing, especially on Thanksgiving. What a great way to start off the day. Every person we take a meal to is grateful, and it is fun to bring smiles to their faces.

It also makes me very thankful for God’s many blessings. I am thankful for all the people in my life – my beautiful bride, my two daughters and son-in-law, my parents and, yes, even my parents-in-law, for other family members, close friends, and New Covenant church family. I am thankful for God’s gracious provision of health, food, employment, housing, transportation and clothing. Most of all, I am thankful that in eternity past God chose me to be His child and when I was nine years old I crossed the line of faith!

God is good to one and all; everything he does is suffused with grace. Creation and creatures applaud you, God; your holy people bless you. (Psalm 145:9-11a The Message)

No comments: